- 1 pound sliced bacon, cut into thirds
- 1 (14 ounce) package beef cocktail wieners
- 3/4 cup brown sugar, or to taste
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
- Refrigerate 2/3 of the bacon until needed. It is easier to wrap the wieners with cold bacon. Wrap each cocktail wiener with a piece of bacon and secure with a toothpick. Place on a large baking sheet. Sprinkle brown sugar generously over all.
- Bake for 40 minutes in the preheated oven, until the sugar is bubbly. To serve, place the wieners in a slow cooker and keep on the low setting.
- 1 cup natural peanut butter
- 1 cup hot water
- 1/2 cup distilled white vinegar
- 1/4 cup tamari
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 1 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- In a small saucepan, whisk together peanut butter and water over low heat. Stir in vinegar, tamari, molasses, and cayenne pepper. Heat through, but do not simmer or boil; cooking can cause the sauce to curdle.