Chewy Chocolate Brownies
- ⅓ cup Dutch-processed cocoa
- ½ cup plus 2 tablespoons boiling water
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate, finely chopped
- 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) unsalted butter, melted
- ½ cup plus 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs
- 2 large egg yolks
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2-1/2 cups (17-1/2 ounces) sugar
- 1-3/4 cups (8-3/4 ounces) unbleached all-purpose flour
- ¾ teaspoon table salt
- 6 ounces semisweet chocolate, cut into ½-inch pieces
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together coca and boiling water.
- Add unsweetened chocolate, butter, and vegetable oil and mix until combined.
- With mixer running, add eggs, egg yolks, and vanilla.
- Add sugar and continue mixing until well-combined.
- If using a stand
mixer, switch to the paddle attachment. Combine flour and salt.
Gradually add flour mixture to chocolate mixer, scraping the side of the
bowl as needed.
- Using a wooden spoon, gently fold in semisweet chocolate pieces.
- Grease a 9 x 13 x
2-inch baking dish. Pour brownie batter into the dish. Place in the oven
and back for about 30-40 minutes (I actually had to bake for 50
minutes), or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Remove from oven
and allow pan to cool for 1 hour. Run a knife along the edge of the pan
to loosen brownies, then cut into 2-inch squares.
Post a Comment